SLAC Subcontractor Badging Process
Obtaining a SLAC Badge
Step 1: Site Access Form
All individuals coming to SLAC must enter their personal information into the Non-Employee registration form. If you are foreign national and will be performing work, additional documentation will be required. Please check with your Project Manager if you
have any questions about the process.
The contract should be approved through SLAC Purchasing before the
onboarding process can begin. Check with your Project Manager
if there are any quesions about timing.
Note: There is no way to save a form in progress. Please have all your information ready ahead of time. See the
How to Submit a SLAC Site Access Portal Form instructions for details.
Fill out the
SLAC Site Access Form (form will open in new window)
All fields with an * are required. Complete all required fields.
- click for larger image of the form example
- The Point of Contact should be the Project Manager, or
similar SLAC function, who will approve this form before HR will
- If you are a foreign national not from the United States,
you will be required to have additional documentation - some to
upload while filling out the form, some to present when you
check in at SLAC. See the
for what to upload. See
Documents Required for Check-In for the others.
Step 2: Finding the SLAC ID number
Once the form above is filled out, the system will go through the processing
of the information and entry into the database. Once approved by
the Point of Contact, the subcontractor and the Point of Contact will receive an
automatic email with the person's SLAC ID number.
NOTE: SLAC requests at least 24 hours to
process ID numbers. If the ID is not accessible within 24 hours after activation or for urgent matters, call
Ramona Miahnahri for assistance.
The ID should have been sent to the email entered in the
form. If the
email isn't accessible, you can also retrieve your System ID number at the
Directory Search. Enter your last name in the Family Name box then click the search button. Your
six digit System ID number will appear on your SLAC directory page. See example below.
Step 3: Take SLAC Training
Training MUST be completed by each individual subcontractor who will be working on site.
Note: All training must be completed. However, you may
opt to either come on site for the training, or do it online.
For training on site, please go to Step 4 and allow 2-3 hours
for it. For online training, please follow the steps
- From outside the SLAC Network you can have a password emailed to you. Email
training-support (email@example.com) with "Training Portal Password Request" in the subject field. Include your full name, SLAC system ID # and the name of your SLAC contact in the body of the message.
- Go to this browser check web page to verify that your computer is compatible with the web training system requirements.
- NOTE: SLAC web training is compatible with Windows computers using the Internet Explorer, Chrome or Firefox browsers and Mac computers using Safari only.
- Linux and other third party browsers are not supported.
- If you do not see any warnings, this indicates that your computer has passed the system check. If you see a warning message, follow the link displayed there for further instructions.
- If you pass the system check, then click the red banner to access the log-in page where you will enter your system ID number and your password.
- After log-in, select the “Web Training Catalog” tab.
- Click on the "ESH Training - Contractors" folder and then select
one of the following depending on your training requirements:
Roll over the course name and you will see a "Launch" link. Click this link to launch the course. Each training is approximately
one hour. You must view every slide to receive course credit.
- Once you have completed the courses, print your certificates of completion!
Take the certificates with you to get your badge.
Step 4: Get Badge
- You and your SLAC Point of Contact will both need to
come to the SLAC Security Office to fill out the badging
form and the SLAC POC to sign it.
- Security office hours are 7:00am to 7:00pm, Monday through Friday.
- The Security Office is located in VUE Center (Visitor,
User, Employee) located in building 53 (SUSB). The
building is directly behind main gate as you come in.
The VUE Center is on the first floor, on the left side
as you come in the building.
- Determine with your SLAC contact if you will require
a dosimeter while on the job. If so, you will need to
complete section 3 and (if applicable) section 4, and
take the required training for it.
- If you have completed all required training, the
badging process should take no more than 15-20 minutes.
If you need training, please allow 2-3 hours for it
prior to badging (your SLAC POC does not need to be
present for training, only to sign the badge form).
- In accordance with ESH Manual Chapter 13, Traffic and Vehicular Safety, a valid drivers’ license is required prior to the issuance of a badge if you intend to operate a motorized vehicle on the SLAC site.
- Bring a valid picture ID (a State ID or Driver's License) to
present to the badging officer to pick up the badge.
Step 5: After-hours and Weekend work
If a subcontractor will be working After Hours or on
weekends, then a special
Subcontract After-Hours Form
needs to be filled out and the FCM on site during those times.