Use of Machine Tools
Personnel authorized to use specific equipment
- Equipment specific approval will be listed on each
Equipment Custodian Responsibilities
Each piece of major equipment in MFD has an equipment custodian.
Usually this is the shop supervisor, but not always.
E. Atkinson maintains a database with all major MFD equipment.
Equipment custodians are responsible for:
- Evaluating possible energy sources on the machine, and
if necessary, providing a written
- Ensuring the equipment is maintained in safe working
order, including all necessary machine
- Locking out unsafe equipment.
- Controlling access to the equipment to ensure that it
is only operated by qualified personnel.