Information Technology Group
The MFD Information Technology Group's mission is to continually
provide support for MFD computer users, maintain specialized
manufacturing, data acquisition, database, and CAD-CAM applications;
support MFD desktops, servers, printers, peripheral hardware,
and network communications; produce and distribute the necessary
documentation to support IT-IS programs and services by:
- Setting up new computer hardware including installing
video, Ethernet and other cards connecting peripheral devices
and connecting workstations to SCS LAN. Providing the same
services for existing computers when required.
- Upgrading existing computers via installation of new
motherboards, processors, memory, hard drives, and other
external and internal devices.
- Setting up multi-media workstations and presentation
- Software installation including applications, internet
and other network access tools, peripherals drivers, and
updates. Recording installation of SLAC site-licensed software.
- Troubleshooting using diagnostic tools to examine hardware
and software problems; preventing, detecting, and removing
- Hardware maintenance and servicing, including preventative
maintenance, problem diagnosis, repair, replacement, coordination
of offsite service of machines, and maintaining an inventory
of standardized spare parts and systems.
- Recording of service calls made via
RT and other
software tools in order to record initial requests, track
actions taken, indicate completion of problems, and log
effort required and successful resolutions.
- Record and maintain records of all computers installed.
If you are in need of support, you may either:
All of the following links are in PDF format and SLAC