MFD Vacuum Shop
Giulia Lanza Supervisor - Phone: 926-4450
Assistant Supervisor - Phone: 926-4954
MFD's Vacuum Group capabilities and resources
- Vacuum processing and evaluation of vacuum components
- Capable of processing components with flanges from
1 1/3" up to 16"
- Up to lengths of 23', heights of 30", and widths
up to 36"
- Helium leak check UHV subassemblies to a minimum
sensitivity of 2 X 10-10 standard cc/sec per leak meter
division, through the use of "dry" leak detectors using
mass spectrometers or Resisual Gas Analyzers
- Two class 10,000 and one class 1000 clean room assembly
- Accelerator maintenance on systems ranging from rough
vacuum to XHV
- Clean room assembly of simple to very complex vacuum
components and instrumentation
- Performing out gassing measurements and residual gas
- Providing glow discharge cleaning services
- Boroscope capabilities
- Component testing (valves, pumps, etc)
- Component fabrication consulting
An overhead view of the main bakeout area and the 24' ovens.
A picture of one of the Vacuum
Shop's thermal process controller units (TPC), which can
monitor and control bake outs through a computer interface.