- Address and telephone number
- Maps to and of SLAC
- Bay area map [PDF]
- Site map with building names and numbers
- Conference rooms map
- Medical, Liability and Automobile insurance issues of concern to SLAC Users.
- Stanford University Parking & Transportation
- Marguerite Information (Stanford campus bus)
- Transportation to SLAC
- Bay Area Public Transit Information
- CalTrain (passenger train to San Francisco)
- SamTrans (San Mateo Country buses)
- Santa Clara Valley Transit
- Santa Clara County Bikeways
- Automobile route finding service
- Palo Alto Weekly
- San Francisco Chronicle
- San Francisco Examiner
- Ads from Chronicle & Examiner
- SF Bay Guardian
- San Jose Mercury
- Bay-Area newspapers (from Yahoo!)
- Getting a SLAC computer account
- SLAC Central Computing
- UNIX at SLAC
- UNIX primer
- AFS at SLAC
SLAC Visitor Network
- It is possible to access the SLAC public network which is outside of the SLAC network firewall. This connection does not require registration, and can be accessed either at some locations with 10baseT Ethernet or by wireless. It is meant for light casual use and to provide an easy network connection for SLAC visitors. Because you are outside the SLAC firewall, you should consider your connection very insecure. It is the responsibility of users of the Visitor network to protect their communications, e.g. by using a Virtual Private Network (VPN).
Please contact SLAC International Services for information and assistance.
INS Amends AR-11 / Changes Filing Address
INS has issued a new version of Form AR-11, Change of Address, and now asks that the forms be filed at an address in London, Kentucky. Click on the following link to view and download the new version.