If it is a SIMES document, it is also a SLAC document. Get a number now!
If a document fulfills the following criteria, then it is a SIMES document:
- The author is a member, affiliate, student, professional staff, post-doctoral researcher, or otherwise an employee of SIMES
- The author claims an affiliation with SIMES, either in the address, acknowledgements, footnotes, or elsewhere on the paper; this affiliation can be stated in the form of:
- On behalf of SIMES
- For SIMES
- Representing SIMES
For non-SLAC employee members or affiliates of SIMES that do not claim an affiliation to SIMES on the paper, then the document is not a SIMES document.
SIMES work supported by DOE must be clearly delineated from that supported by other agencies. If the work is supported by SIMES, please use the address below.
Stanford Institute for Materials and Energy Sciences (SIMES)
SLAC National Accelerator Laboratory
2575 Sand Hill Road,
Menlo Park, CA 94025
This affiliation should be made apart from and in addition to your other affiliations.
This DOE funding acknowledgement statement must always appear on your SIMES paper, either on the title page or in the acknowledgement section.
"This work is supported [in part] by the Department of Energy, Office of Basic Energy Sciences, Division of Materials Sciences and Engineering, under contract DE-AC02-76SF00515."
Our goal is to create a database of all SIMES documents. We want to ensure that SIMES captures and reports all our research for viewing by the scientific community and appropriate funding agencies.
To register and submit your document, please go to SciDoc.
- Affiliation/Scientific Program: SIMES
- Funding Source: Choose all sponsors, who along with the DOE, funded your document’s research.
- Attribution: Use this field to record the attributions included in your document (cut/paste). This is important if you have multiple funding sources that may have contributed different levels of effort, resources or equipment used in your research and acknowledged in your document.
- FWP: (type just the Roman numeral, I or II or III, etc)
- Alternative Contact Name: Authors who are self-registering their documents will automatically become the main contact. We suggest that in addition to yourself, you list SIMES Administration, email: SIMES@slac.stanford.edu as an alternative contact.
- I - Electronic and Magnetic Structure of Quantum Materials -
Shen (lead PI)
- II - Correlated Materials Synthesis and Physical Properties Fisher (lead PI)
- III - Spin Physics - Zhang (lead PI)
- IV - Interfaces and Catalysis for Energy Conversion and Storage Nilsson (lead PI)
- V - Clathrin Biotemplating Heilshorn (lead PI)
- VI Time Dynamics of Oxides and Related Materials Devereaux (lead PI)
- VII - Diamondoid Science and Applications (SISGR) Melosh (lead PI)
- VIII - Modern ARPES Beamline for the Study of Complex Phenomena in Solids Lu (lead PI)
- IX - Materials Synthesis (Complex Oxides) - Hwang (lead PI)
- X - Ultrafast Magnetization Dynamics - Durr (lead PI)
- Principal Investigator: This information will allow SIMES to understand collaborative interactions among our FWPs and scientists. Please use list below. Up to 5 names may be included.
Electronic and Magnetic
Structure of Quantum Materials
Zhi Xun Shen
Synthesis and Physical Properties
Interfaces and Catalysis
for Energy Conversion
Time Dynamics of Oxides
and Related Materials
Ultrafast Magnetization Dynamics
- Processing Page and Reprint Charges: Authors requesting use of SIMES DOE funds to pay for page charges or other publication fees, must first register and submit their documents to SciDoc.
Questions about SIMES page charges: contact Chris MacIntosh.
- SLAC Page Charges
- Author Responsibilities (see this checklist for all SIMES authors)
Questions? contact Nancy Matlin