Safety in Facilities
Facilities is committed to implementing the Environment, Safety and Health (ES&H) Program
and dedicated to delivering expert facility services in a safe and professional manner.
Environment Safety and Health Commitment
The safety of everyone that participates in any SLAC operation is of the highest value. Great science and
great safety performance go hand in hand. We can go home everyday without anyone being injured on the job, and
we can and should learn from any event or near miss. Open and honest reporting is crucial, and we encourage
the prompt reporting of untoward events so we can gather information to help us in continuous improvement.
We commit to:
- Establish ES&H goals and objectives for our directorate and hold ourselves and our managers,
supervisors, and staff accountable to these goals and objectives. We will review our goals and objectives annually.
- Walk through our areas of responsibility to observe work and have discussions with staff, users, subcontractors,
and visitors about how to improve their safety and work activities. We will perform such work observations at least
once per month and use this feedback to influence improvement.
- Perform management self assessments to understand our current performance and use this to improve performance
(safety, efficiency, quality, etc.).
- Support everyone's authority to stop work if there is a perceived imminent danger, without repercussion.
- Create an environment that encourages everyone to report events that have potential safety or environmental consequences
without fear of reprisal so that appropriate corrective actions can be put in.
- Support the staff in our directorate that are called upon or volunteer to serve on a safety committee, investigation,
review, etc., such that the safety posture of SLAC improves.
Norman Bobczynski, O&M Manager
- William Choate
- Elisa Hamilton
- William Harrison
- Cezary Jach
- Ken Rubino
- George Sandoval