ESH Web Based Training through SkillSoft
Please update your browser and Flash plug-in to
the latest version available for best results. We have seen
unpredictable behavior using the older version 3.0 series of Firefox
and Safari with SkillSoft (Mac and PC) as well as pre version 9.0 of
the Adobe Flash player. The course will appear to perform normally
but the final scores are not always posting.
MAC USERS PLEASE READ!: If you are accessing the SkillSoft Web training portal on a Mac, we highly recommend that you go here to verify that Java is installed correctly on your machine and it is activated in the Safari Browser BEFORE logging into SkillSoft.
Login using your SLAC Windows ID and Password
Single Sign-On - If you are logged into Windows and using
Internet Explorer on a computer within the SLAC network you can use
the SkillSoft single sign on link. You must be logged into the computer you are
using with your own SLAC Windows account in order to be properly
credited for training.
If you are not within the SLAC network, not on a Windows computer
or not using Internet Explorer, you may use your SLAC Windows
Account to log in but you will be prompted to manually enter your
username and password.
Click here to use your Windows
account to log into SkillSoft.
If you do not have a SLAC Windows account, please read the
instructions below to log in using your SLAC ID number and the
Turn off the pop-up blocker in your browser.
- For Internet Explorer, go to the Tools menu > Pop-up Blocker > Turn off Pop-up
- For Firefox, go to the Tools menu > Options > click on
the content tab in the options window > uncheck the Block
pop-up windows check box > click OK.
- Locate your SLAC system ID number on your
SLAC Directory page. This is your log-in ID.
- Identify the password
Click here to Launch
the SkillSoft system check page.
If you do not see a warning on the system check page, click the red banner and proceed to the SkillSoft login page.
- If you see a warning message on this page, click on the link in this message for further instructions on how to correct your system issue. If you do not see a warning message, proceed to step 5.
Click on the Web Training Catalog tab on the upper
left of the large picture.
Click on the + sign by the folder containing the training you are looking for.
Hover your curser over the course you wish to take after the page loads
and two links will pop up. Click on the "Launch" link to start
- Enter your SLAC system ID and password
- Wait for the SkillPort catalog page to load - if
you see a blank page with the words "Login in
progress" for longer
then 40 seconds, you may need to
install Java. Please see the system
requirements below for notes on installing Java.
Supported systems/browsers are listed here.
- Operating systems - SkillSoft training works on
Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7 and Mac OS X. We have
seen intermittent success with Linux
- Mac Users - Please use the latest version of Safari. Most SkillSoft courses work well with OS X
and Safari 4.x and above. Make sure you have the
latest versions of Java and the Adobe Flash player for the Mac
- Linux users - You may try to access the training on
your Linux computer but we do not guarantee it will
work properly. We have seen intermittent success with different
versions of Linux.
Please check your My Progress tab
on the left hand side of your SkillSoft home page to verify
that your training has been recorded.
- Browsers – I.E. 7.x and Firefox 3.1 or
Safari 4.x or above on the Mac are recommended. Firefox on the Mac
is not supported.
- Java is required to access the SkillSoft training portal.
- Flash version 10 or newer is required to access many of the web based
courses. You can download the
Flash player plug-in from the
From outside of SLAC you can
download Flash directly from
- A sound card is required in your computer along with speakers or