SLAC Subcontractor Badging Process
Steps to obtain a badge:
Step 1: Get a SLAC ID number (To be completed by SLAC PM or subcontractor corporate administration):
- You will need to obtain the first, middle, and last name, birth year, and country of citizenship for each subcontractor working on site.
- note: middle name is important! We have problems registering
people with duplicate names
- Fill out the electronic SLAC Contractor Registration Form.
The Estimated End Date should be the last day of the subcontractor’s assignment at SLAC.
- On the Agency/Company pull down menu select your General Contractor as the Agency/Company. If the company name does not appear in the pull-down menu, choose “Other” at the end of the list. This will open two boxes, one for Agency/Company Name, the other for the Agency/Company Phone. Enter the information manually.
- If the employee is working for a subcontractor hired by the general contractor, then select other from the pull down menu where it says “Sub Contractor Agency”. This will open two boxes, one for Sub Contractor Agency/Company Name, the other for the Sub Contractor Agency/Company Phone.
Retrieve your System ID number at the Directory Search. Enter your last name in the Family Name box then click the search button. Your six digit System ID number will appear on your SLAC directory page. See example below.
- NOTE: SLAC requests 24 hours to process ID numbers. The SLAC Field Construction Manager (FCM) and Security are notified via email once the ID is activated. After activation it can take a few hours before the ID is listed in the SLAC directory. If the ID is not accessible within 24 hours after activation or for urgent matters, call Shannon Ferguson at (650)926-2211 for assistance.
Step 2: Take Training (to be completed by individual subcontractors who will be working on site):
- From outside the SLAC Network you can have a password emailed to you. Email esh-training (firstname.lastname@example.org) with "SkillSoft password request" in the subject field. Include your full name, SLAC system ID # and the name of your SLAC contact in the body of the message.
- Go to this browser check web page to verify that your computer is compatible with the web training system requirements.
- NOTE: SLAC web training is compatible with Windows computers using the Internet Explorer or Firfox browsers and Mac computers using Safari only. Linux and other third party browsers, such as Google Chrome, are not supported.
- If you do not see any warnings, this indicates that your computer has passed the system check. If you see a warning message, follow the link displayed there for further instructions.
- If you pass the system check, then click the red banner to access the log-in page where you will enter your system ID number and your password.
- After log-in, select the “Web Training Catalog” tab.
- Click on the "ESH Training - Contractors" folder and then select one of the following depending on your training requirements:
Roll over the course name and you will see a "Launch" link. Click this link to launch the course. Each training is approximately 45 minutes. You must view every slide to receive course credit.
- Construction Safety Orientation, ESH Course 375 (All construction subcontractors at SLAC must take this course which is also available in Spanish)
- Safety Orientation for Non-SLAC Employees, ESH Course 396 (All non-SLAC employees who are not involved in construction must take this course)
- Once you have completed the course, print your certificate of completion! Take this certificate with you to get your badge.
Step 3: Get Badge:
- Print out and complete sections 1, 2 and 5 of the Dosimeter / ID Request Form “A” [pdf]. Section 6 of this form will need to be signed by an authorized SLAC representative prior to your arrival at the Security office.
In accordance with ESH Manual Chapter 13, Traffic and Vehicular Safety, a valid drivers’ license is required prior to the issuance of a badge if you intend to operate a motorized vehicle on the SLAC site.
Bring a valid picture ID (a State ID or Driver's License) to
present to the badging officer to pick up the badge.
You will need to go to the SLAC Safeguards and Security Building #235
to pick up your ID badge.
- Determine with your SLAC contact if you will require a dosimeter while on the job. If so, you will need to complete section 3 and (if applicable) section 4,
and take the required training for it..
- Note: Only 5 persons at a time are allowed inside #235 due to fire code.
- Security office hours are 7:00am to
4:00pm, Monday through Friday, phone (650) 926-5345.
- You may find the location of Building #235 on the map below.