SLAC Subcontractor Badging Process
Obtaining a SLAC Badge
Step 1: Get a SLAC ID number
Updated Process! Subcontractors can now fill out the form
directly. Please check with your Project Manager if you
have any questions about the process.
The contract must be approved through SLAC Purchasing before the
onboarding process can begin. Check with your Project Manager
if there are any quesions about timing.
Each subcontractor who will be working on site will need to
put their first, middle, and last name, birth year, and country of citizenship
in the form.
- note: middle name is important! We have problems registering
people with duplicate names
Fill out the
Onboarding (Contingent Worker) Form (form will open in new window)
(form might take a little while to open)
IMPORTANT! You MUST have cookies enabled on your
browser for the form to open.
All fields with an * are required. Complete all required fields.
- click for larger image of the form example
- See the SLAC HR Instructions
[pdf] for clarification on several of the fields for the use of the
onboarding form, including how to use the search function for the
Country, Provider (Vendor), and SLAC POC.
- The Point of Contact should be the Project Manager, or
similar SLAC function, who will approve this form before HR will
Step 2: Finding the SLAC ID number
NOTE: SLAC requests at least 24 hours to
process ID numbers. Once approved by the Point of Contact, the
continent worker and the Point of Contact will receive an
automatic email with the work’s ID number.
After activation it can take a few hours before the ID is listed in the SLAC directory. If the ID is not accessible within 24 hours after activation or for urgent matters, call
Ramona Miahnahri for assistance.
The ID should have been emailed to the worker. If the
email isn't accessible, you can also retrieve your System ID number at the
Directory Search. Enter your last name in the Family Name box then click the search button. Your six digit System ID number will appear on your SLAC directory page. See example below.
Step 3: Take SLAC Training
Training MUST be completed by each individual subcontractor who will be working on site.
Note: All training must be completed. However, you may
opt to either come on site for the training, or do it online.
For training on site, please go to Step 4 and allow 2-3 hours
for it. For online training, please follow the steps
- From outside the SLAC Network you can have a password emailed to you. Email
training-support (firstname.lastname@example.org) with "Training Portal Password Request" in the subject field. Include your full name, SLAC system ID # and the name of your SLAC contact in the body of the message.
- Go to this browser check web page to verify that your computer is compatible with the web training system requirements.
- NOTE: SLAC web training is compatible with Windows computers using the Internet Explorer, Chrome or Firefox browsers and Mac computers using Safari only.
- Linux and other third party browsers are not supported.
- If you do not see any warnings, this indicates that your computer has passed the system check. If you see a warning message, follow the link displayed there for further instructions.
- If you pass the system check, then click the red banner to access the log-in page where you will enter your system ID number and your password.
- After log-in, select the “Web Training Catalog” tab.
- Click on the "ESH Training - Contractors" folder and then select
one of the following depending on your training requirements:
Roll over the course name and you will see a "Launch" link. Click this link to launch the course. Each training is approximately
one hour. You must view every slide to receive course credit.
- Once you have completed the courses, print your certificates of completion!
Take the certificates with you to get your badge.
Step 4: Get Badge
- You and your SLAC Point of Contact will both need to
come to the SLAC Security Office to fill out the badging
form and the SLAC POC to sign it.
- Security office hours are 7:00am to 7:00pm, Monday through Friday.
- The Security Office is located in VUE Center (Visitor,
User, Employee) located in building 53 (SUSB). The
building is directly behind main gate as you come in.
The VUE Center is on the first floor, on the left side
as you come in the building.
- Determine with your SLAC contact if you will require
a dosimeter while on the job. If so, you will need to
complete section 3 and (if applicable) section 4, and
take the required training for it.
- If you have completed all required training, the
badging process should take no more than 15-20 minutes.
If you need training, please allow 2-3 hours for it
prior to badging (your SLAC POC does not need to be
present for training, only to sign the badge form).
- In accordance with ESH Manual Chapter 13, Traffic and Vehicular Safety, a valid drivers’ license is required prior to the issuance of a badge if you intend to operate a motorized vehicle on the SLAC site.
- Bring a valid picture ID (a State ID or Driver's License) to
present to the badging officer to pick up the badge.
Step 5: After-hours and Weekend work
If a subcontractor will be working After Hours or on
weekends, then a special
Subcontract After-Hours Form
needs to be filled out and the FCM on site during those times.