SLAC Site Security Manager
SLAC Site Security provides multiple services to SLAC
Employees, Contractors, Users and Visitors. Please see the links
in this webpage for information on those services. If
you need further assistance, please visit our office (B53 VUE), or contact us
via e-mail or by telephone
- Security Assistance
- The Main Gate is open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. 650-926-2551.
- Office Hours
- Monday - Friday, 7am to 4pm, except holidays
- The Security Office is located in the VUE Center (Visitor, User,
Employee) in building 53 (SUSB). The building is
directly behind main gate, slightly to the left as you come in.
The VUE Center is on the first floor, on the left side as you
come in the building.
- Mailing Address
- SLAC National Accelerator Laboratory
2575 Sand Hill Road, Mail Stop 86
Menlo Park, CA 94025
- Site Access
- The SLAC ID badge provides identification of
employees, scientific users, and contractors to the site during
working and non-working hours and for access to the Accelerator
Area at all times. A current SLAC ID badge is required for entry to the
site unless specific entry information has been provided to the
Gate Officers. ID is required at all times; during working hours, non-working hours, and on
weekends and holidays. See Gate
for more information about the internal and external site
access, including videos on how to use the automated systems.
- Visitors must be approved by the personnel they are coming
to visit. If you are expecting visitors, please fill out a
Site Entry Request form.
- SLAC badges are obtained through a SLAC sponsor and cannot
be obtained directly through Security. Please see the Badging Information page.
- In addition, subcontractors working after hours or on
weekends need a special
Subcontract After-Hours Form
to be filled out by the Facility Construction Manager.
- Accidents should be reported immediately via 650-926-5555.
(Onsite phones can use extension 5555.) A Patrol
Officer will be dispatched to the location immediately. If anyone is injured, the reporting party should dial 911
immediately, followed by a call to Security x5555.
See Emergency Information for more
information and phone numbers.
- Theft Reports
- Thefts should be reported to Security immediately via
(Main Gate). A Patrol Officer will be dispatched to the location
to prepare an incident report.
- Everyone at SLAC must ensure that
they provide adequate storage and protection of government
equipment and materials in their possession. Physically securing
your computer, high value items, and personal belongings and
property, locking your office when you will be away and keeping
hand tools in a locked tool box or cabinet should be a high
priority for everyone at SLAC. Know or find out who your
computer administrator is to ask for additional information in
securing your computers. If someone is in your area removing
computers or equipment, stop and question him or her.