About Safety Service Group
The Safety Services Group provides subject matter experts and
program managers to line organizations and contract workers with help
identifying and resolving safety issues.
- Provide instructor-led safety training courses.
- Review construction plans and specifications to ensure compliance with
codes and regulations.
- Conduct field observations of SLAC activities; provide consultation as a
subject matter expert as needed.
- Conduct or facilitate accident investigations, discovering root causes, and
developing appropriate corrective action to prevent recurrence.
- Inspect site-wide below-the-hook rigging equipment; ensure all equipment has
current inspection stickers.
- Investigate complaints as they relate to safety issues.
- Support confined space entry process by conducting monitoring and permit
- Inspect project and departmental worksites for safety deficiencies.
- Interpret worker safety codes and apply to SLAC Line management and
- Support excavation safety through permit issuance and field oversight of
ongoing excavation activity.
- Issue Hot Work Permits
- Assist Divisions with Elevated Surface Work Plans and inspection of fall
Selected forms and tools. See the specific program pages for
more resources for a particular area.
Safety Support Programs
Useful Site Links