Waste Management Services
Waste Management provides a variety of services and
performs many functions at SLAC.
Here is a list of the
major activities the group performs:
- Delivers pre-labeled
hazardous waste accumulation containers to generators.
hazardous waste from work areas.
- Track hazardous waste storage containers to ensure
they do not exceed
- Consolidates compatible waste from various generators
to minimize the number of containers that need to
be shipped off-site.
- Sorts waste and crush
containers to maximize recycling.
- Ships hazardous waste
to off-site treatment, recycling, and disposal facilities.
- Provide assistance to SLAC personnel and groups
in how to properly manage their hazardous waste.
- Develops written policies
and guidance related to hazardous waste management
- Prepares regulatory hazardous waste reports.