What Environmental Protection Group Does
Protection Group oversees the management of environmental programs at SLAC.
They research, develop, and maintain programs designed to protect and restore
the environment. EPG assists with the planning and ongoing oversight that
accompanies any environmentally related activity.
Some of the ways in which EPG does this are:
- Conducting environmental evaluations and addressing requirements under
the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA), California Environmental
Quality Act (CEQA), and related federal and state requirements
- Identifying and developing methods to monitor, prevent, reduce, and
clean up stormwater and industrial water discharges
- Obtaining the permits or exemptions for environmental activities
- Ensure environmental compliance through environmental monitoring, risk
assessment, and analysis
- Develop and conduct cost-effective restoration and remediation.